The Guilford County Continuum of Care (Guilford CoC) is the planning body in Guilford County, North Carolina that coordinates the community’s policies, strategies and activities toward ending homelessness.
Its work includes gathering and analyzing information in order to determine the local needs of people experiencing homelessness, implementing strategic responses, educating the community on homeless issues, providing advice and input on the operations of homeless services, and measuring CoC performance to ensure the orderly, transparent operations of the CoC governance structure.
The purpose of the Guilford CoC is to:
- promote community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness;
- provide funding efforts by nonprofit providers, and State and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals and families while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness;
- promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and
- optimize self sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
The governance structure consists of two main bodies, the full CoC membership (comprised of service providers and associated organizations from throughout Guilford County) and the CoC Board. Click here for further information about membership.
If you are homeless, the Coordinated Intake process is the first step toward receiving services in Guilford County. Coordinated Intake is changing homelessness from a destination to a process. To access Coordinated Intake, visit a shelter in Guilford County. You will be asked questions to determine the best resources for your situation. Some of the emergency shelters in Guilford County are:
- Salvation Army of Greensboro, 1131 South Eugene Street, Greensboro, NC 27406, 336-273-5572
- Greensboro Urban Ministry, 305 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27406, 336-271-5959
- YWCA, 1807 Wendover Ave E, Greensboro, NC 27405, 336-273-3461
- West End Ministries (Leslie’s House), 903 West English Road, High Point, NC 27262, 336-884-1105
- Salvation Army of High Point, 301 West Green Drive, High Point, NC 27260, 336-881-5400
- Open Door Ministries, 400 North Centennial Street, High Point, NC 27262, 336-886-4922
If you have housing and/or are experiencing other types of housing needs (landlord issues, condemnations, long term housing needs–issues other than needing shelter placement), please contact Greensboro Housing Coalition located on the corner of Elm Street and Friendly Avenue on the 2nd floor of the Self Help Building in downtown Greensboro, 8:30AM – 5:30PM, M-F. The address is 122 North Elm Street, Greensboro, North Carolina 27402. Call: 336-691-9521.